BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Campbell Newman (CN) is a boutique investment management firm serving institutional, intermediary and high net-worth clients nationally. Founded in 1977, the firm’s culture is built on five core values – client focused, stewardship, transparency, integrity and teamwork. CN currently offers two products – Large Cap Dividend Growth and Small Cap Growth. Both strategies feature high-quality biased, high-conviction portfolios that utilize the same bottom-up driven research process.
Our business is growing. With roughly $2.9 billion in AUA, we are looking to fill the newly created position of Business Development Associate in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin office.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is excited about supporting an established business development effort at a growing firm. This role provides the opportunity to learn and contribute to the many facets of the operations of a successful boutique investment firm.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Associate will perform a broad range of the firm’s day-to-day business development functions.
The Business Development Associate will be required to:
- Maintain the client/prospect database (Salesforce CRM)
- Identify sales and relationship development opportunities through data mining, profiling and sales reporting
- Answer incoming calls and emails from Financial Advisors
- Respond to inquiries and information requests in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Assist in the development and implementation of prospecting campaigns
- Remain abreast of industry and competitor developments
- Schedule meetings for the Director of Business Development and Investment Team
- Assist with RFP and database responses
- Become well versed with the firm’s investment strategies
- Attain the required regulatory licenses
The characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Marketing
- 0-3 years of experience
- A self-starter with a sales-oriented personality
- A desire to work collaboratively to build both internal and external relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation abilities
- Outstanding organizational and time management abilities
- Strong multitasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
Work requires a low degree of physical effort and is almost always performed inside an office environment.
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm in office, with an hour lunch break.
Compensation will consist of a base salary commensurate with experience and the opportunity to earn an annual cash bonus. Additional benefits include competitive health insurance, 100% employer-funded profit-sharing plan and 401(k) plan with safe harbor non-elective contribution by employer of 3% of salary, regardless of employee deferrals.
Potential sponsorship for the CFA Designation and/or other applicable designations, continuing education and/or other professional development opportunities.
If interested, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.