Campbell Newman (CN) is a boutique investment management firm serving institutional and high net-worth clients nationally. Founded in 1977, the firm’s culture is built on five core values – client focused, stewardship, transparency, integrity and teamwork. CN currently offers two products – Large Cap Dividend Growth and Small Cap Growth. Both strategies feature high-quality biased, high-conviction portfolios that utilize the same bottom-up driven research process.
Campbell Newman is seeking to add an Operations Associate to its team in their Milwaukee, Wisconsin office.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is excited about joining an established team at a growing firm. This role allows the opportunity to learn and contribute to the many facets of the operations of a successful boutique investment firm.
Reporting to the Vice President – Operations, the candidate will be required to:
- Execute Daily and Month End Processing and Pricing.
- Settle trades in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner. Ensuring all trades are identified, corrected and recorded.
- Advent Custodial Data daily transaction and monthly position reconciliation
- Process corporate actions
- Initiate quarterly cost basis reconciliation
- Execute monthly valuation reviews
- Update benchmark index files monthly
- Maintain accounts by balancing, reconciling, opening/closing, preparing necessary paperwork and updating client records.
- Respond to client inquiries and problems ensuring timely and comprehensive problem resolution.
- Assist Portfolio Managers by creating client communications such as marketing presentation material, specialized reports, trade rationale and memos.
- Perform administrative support duties such as answering phones, filing and client-related support.
- In conjunction with Portfolio Managers and Equity Trader, create trading programs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accurately process trades, executing the trade order in accordance with “best execution” practices.
The characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics is desirable
- 0-3 years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong math skills
Work requires a low degree of physical effort and is almost always performed inside an office environment.
Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm in office, with one hour lunch break
Compensation will consist of a base salary commensurate with experience and the opportunity to earn an annual cash bonus. Additional benefits include competitive health insurance, 100% employer-funded profit-sharing plan and 401(k) plan with safe harbor nonelective contribution by employer of 3% of salary, regardless of employee deferrals.
If interested, please forward resume to email@example.com.